Anyone that has taken a cat to the vet knows that it can be a stressful experience! As a Cat-Friendly Practice®, Bees Ferry Veterinary Hospital has taken extra steps to reduce stress and make visits easier for cats and caregivers.
Our Team Understands Cats
As a Cat-Friendly Practice®, the BFVH team members are trained to understand the unique needs and behaviors of cats. This makes a tremendous difference in decreasing the stress and fear during the visit. Here's what to expect when you bring your cat to Bees Ferry Veterinary Hospital…
- Cat-Friendly Attitude: Our team is trained to speak softly, avoid direct eye contact with your cat, and move slowly. We know these actions help keep your cat calm and feeling in control. If we sense that your cat is becoming stressed or anxious, we will pause the check-up and let your cat take a break.
- Educated Staff: All team members are trained to understand and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner. Our staff will be educated and knowledgeable about your cats' distinct needs and behaviors.
- Equipment & Facilities: Bees Ferry Veterinary Hospital has the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients. Our practice has also met specific standards for the care of hospitalized cats.
- Gentle Handling: We use a "less is more" approach when examining your cat. We don't use heavy restraint since it could frighten, stress, or arouse your cat. Your cat's check-up will take place wherever your cat is most comfortable.
- Advice: We will provide you with feline-specific tips, like how to get your cat comfortable with the carrier before the visit. We can also advise you on how to transport your cat to our office in a way to reduce stress associated with the visit for both you and your cat.
"Established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) and the International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM), the Cat-Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing the stress for the cat, caregiver, and also the entire veterinary team."
Mobile Cat Care
Despite our best efforts to reduce the stress associated with bringing your cat to our office, cats are naturally resistant to experience. If you want the least stressful vet visit for your cat, take advantage of our mobile services. Our feline-friendly staff will come to you for…
Examination of multiple pets
One of our feline-trained staff members would love to answer all of your questions and explain the specific cat-friendly features at BFVH. Simply contact our office! We look forward to providing an easier vet experience for your cat… and you!